Preparing for the ACT or SAT college entrance exams through individual tutoring is known to improve test scores.
Individualized tutoring that prepares high school students for the ACT/SAT college entrance examinations is available for all students who want to improve their ACT/SAT test scores. The typical one-on-one test prep program consists of 8 one-hour sessions about a week apart, with about two hours of homework and practice per session. For students outside of the La Crosse, Wisconsin area, individualized ACT tutoring is available via the internet.
Six-hour ACT workshops are offered at High Schools in the La Crosse, Wisconsin region. These workshops emphasize test-taking strategies specifically designed to improve ACT scores. If you are interested in hosting a workshop at your school, call 608-787-5636.
The six-hour workshop emphasizes test-taking strategies and techniques for each of the five ACT subject tests. The workshop content includes:
- ACT facts, scores, and challenges
- ACT general test-taking strategies
- Specific methods and strategies for each of the five subject tests
- Specific strategies for several types of ACT questions within subject tests
- Dealing with the time limits
- A reading method that improves reading scores
- A “rush” reading method
- A brief English grammar review
- Practice with Math questions
- Essay-writing tips for the Writing section
- Strategies and tips for Science Reasoning
- Getting motivated and dealing with test anxiety